Saint Elijah (مار الياس) or St. Elias is the only Greek Orthodox Church in the village. It was built in the second half of the 19th century. Having suffered the ravages of time, the church was restored in the mid-20th century and took its present architectural form with its silver dome. The icons inside the church are however much older and some date from 1863. The church is dedicated to Saint Elijah or Elias. The name is of Hebrew origin. A prophet in the Bible, Elijah preceded the birth of Jesus Christ by nine centuries, but he is considered in Christian tradition as the herald of the arrival of the Messiah on Earth.